Frequently Asked Questions
What are the library's hours?
The librarian's office is open during these hours.
Monday9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.Tuesdaynoon to 9:00 p.m.Wednesday9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.Thursday9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.Friday8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What if I need help with locating library information?
Contact the Associate Professor and Faculty Librarian Melanie Thomas for assistance with accessing electronic reference resources, library research, or any other library-related services.
1000 Highway 19 North
Meridian, MS 39307
Can I use the library at other universities?
- Yes. MSU Library has a reciprocal borrowing agreement with several university libraries around the state. In general, you are welcome to use the participating library's facilities, and with a Mississippi Universities Library Borrowing Card, you can also borrow a limited number of books. Please see the librarian to apply for a Mississippi University Library Borrowing Card.
Where do I pick up and return my library materials?
- For your convenience, library materials are transported to and from the Starkville campus and MSU-Meridian. You may pick up (and drop off) your materials at Room #121, inside the Computer Lab at MSU-Meridian.
How can I renew my books?
- You can renew your books by connecting to your library account online and then selecting the items you wish to renew. You may renew your materials up to two times.
What if I experience difficulties using the library?
- Please contact the librarian by phone or e-mail or in person. We cannot help you if we do not know about it, so contact the librarian immediately if you experience any problem connecting to the library, locating information, or obtaining your library materials. The office is located at Room #121, inside the computer lab on the main floor of MSU-Meridian.
How do I schedule a library instruction session for my classes?
- MSU-Meridian faculty can contact the Associate Professor and Faculty Librarian, Melanie Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org, 601-484-0236 to schedule a library instruction session.